Monday, June 20, 2011

Sick Of Being Sick

This is the second time in two months that I've gotten sick. It is particularly upsetting since the last time I got sick before that was over a year ago. Not fun. And add Father's Day to the nose blowing, lung coughing, head spinning symptoms and things were sure to end on a sickly note. My poor husband, I felt awful. I did wake up to cook him a Father's Day breakfast, but I couldn't do much of anything after that. My daughter had been up the last few nights with a fever, so that was one more added stress factor. But all in all, it wasn't too bad of a day. The Hubby played video games with the boys (Mario Kart is awesome and so addicting), got chinese for dinner, and got to lounge around all day because I couldn't go anywhere. All in all I'm just glad that it's over that I can get on with this whole recovery thing I hear so much about.

On another note, I haven't written anything down in several days and it's starting to get to me. I've been so distracted with my own mind and after a while it really starts to bogg you down. Doubts are flying around everywhere, I'm trying to figure out what to cut from my finished story, where I'm trying to go with my current WIP, wondering if a day will ever come when my book will be published, all these thoughts are truly draining. And let's add another mess to it all- I'm thinking about having another baby. Yeah, that pretty much trumps everything else. I'm scared to death of those first few sleepless and exhausting months, but I adore my children so much and I know that they're worth it. But the hardest part for me is pregnancy. My hormones are in such a rage that I make the wicked witch of the west look like freakin mary poppins. I know, I can be a little scary. My favorite part of pregnancy is labor, because when I'm at the hospital I  know I'm in good hands with the nurses and my doctor and I know that the whole miserable 40 weeks is finally coming to an end. I don't know, I want another one, but it's terrifying.

Okay, I'm really going to try and write despite the jumbled mess that is my mind. I love it and sometimes it's the only way I can escape said jumbled thoughts. And I'm really getting into my current WIP. I think I'm going to take another little while off with my other story to get my head screwed on straight. If i take that time, maybe those glaring mistakes and loose ends will be easier to spot. Here's to hoping for a good writing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment