Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Scrambling For Sanity

So, today I need to pack for the our trip tomorrow, but that probably won't happen until around...say 11:45 tonight. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to things. Maybe that's why it took me so long to finish my first draft of my current WIP. But, I also do my best work while under pressure- what's up with that? I guess a lifetime of procrastinating has prepared me well. But seriously, there are a lot of things that I need to get done before we leave tomorrow afternoon. Like cleaning. Not a fan. The last thing I want after returning from a long weekend getaway is to come home to a mess. It's bad enought that I'll have a pile of laundry to do right away without adding the stress of dirty dishes, or cluttered counters, and grimy floors. I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I have a pretty good life. I have three amazing kids, a hard working husband who loves me, and a roof over my head. My oldest will be turning five this weekend, and the fact that he's turned out so amazingly really has little to do with me. Really, how did I get so lucky when it came to the kids department? Not saying that the kiddos don't drive me crazy at times, but they're all beautiful and healthy and love each other.
I just wish I had more time in the day to get things done. Once the sun sets and the dark shade of night begins to creep around the edges of the sky, I find that I have regrets. Not all the time. Sometimes though, it is inevitable. I'll wish that I had  played more with the kids, or that I had worked out, I'll want more time to get my writing done, I'll regret not reading. It's a little draining focusing on all the things we get wrong. It happens to the best of us. So today, instead of worrying about what I won't get done, I'll focus on what I can do with the time that I have, and make the most of it. Here's hoping for safe travels and fun times with family, without too much insanity mixed in there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment