Thursday, June 2, 2011

Life

I often find myself lost in the mundane day-to-day things without even realizing that most of it's gone in the nuance of unimportant things. We get so caught up in trivial matters like doing laundry, cleaning, running errands, paying bills- whatever it may be, that we forget to stop and appreciate those small moments that make living worthwhile. It can be anything, really. The way the sun perfectly hits your kitchen window in the morning, bouncing off of the glass, and casting rays of sunshine all throughout the room. Perhaps it's watching your little ones run around in the bright green grass of the day, as the sun peeks gently through the covering clouds below the blue sky. Or maybe it's how the wind picks up around your favorite tree, gently swaying it to the motion of the wisping blows. During those times we'll finally stop and reflect on how lucky we really are, and how amazing life is, and how it's a gift- not a right. I hope that I can stop taking this life for granted and enjoy life's most important matters like playing with my kids, writing the perfect scene in my WIP, being outside when the temperature has the perfect degree of heat with just the amount of wind to blow the clouds out of the way of the sun. Hope everyone has a good weekend, I know I'll be stopping to enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment