Friday, June 24, 2011

Five For Friday

1. I'm pretty proud of myself, but don't worry, I won't be patting myself in the back anytime soon. You see I wrote about 1,000 words consistently over the last several days. I still have a ways to go in the first draft, but if I keep this up I should have the first draft done by the end of the summer. The operative word here is 'IF'. Summer is a pretty hectic time of year and things come up all the time, so I'm not counting on it. But here's to hoping.

2. Next week is the Fourth of July and we have yet to make concrete plans. The traditional thing for us to do is drive a few hours to spend it with family- my husband has a large family and it's always fun. But this year driving around is SO expensive and we just can't afford to make that many roadtrips. I think instead we're going to go camping somewhere nearby, but like I said, nothing is set in stone.

3. I'm about to order a bunch of books and I'm very excited about it. I'm always very excited when I order books, I'm unreasonably giddy when it happens. There's about twelve books in my order thus far and the list only grows. I'm also really excited because I preordered Maggie Stiefvater's final book in her Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy a while back and I finally get it after the fourth! I can't wait to see how it all ends.

4. I just finished watching the first two seasons of Friday Night Lights and just started the third and so far I haven't been disappointed. I also have a huge crush on Coach Taylor, he's such a sweetie and so good to his wife. I love their relationship. I also love his relationship with his daughter. I think I like him so much because he reminds me of my own husband, who isn't perfect but is great to me and is also going to be great with a teenaged daughter someday- along with the boys. I encourage all to give it a try, and plus- that Tim Riggins is easy on the eyes.

5. I can't remember the last time I got to go on a date with my hubby. It's been a while and mostly because my daughter refuses to go to strangers so we can't get babysitters- kinda sucks. But my mother-in-law said she would like to come up and stay with us for about a week at the end of July and that would be a perfect opportunity for my husband and I to get some alone time. Our anniversary is in the beginning of August so it'll fall right around that time as well. Anyway, getting away from the kids is vital to a marriage, in my opinion. And I love having some alone time. Okay, that's all, I should go. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment