Monday, June 6, 2011

Back From the Vacay That Wasn't A Vacay

My oldest turned 5 yesterday and it's still not computing that he's going to be starting school in a couple of months. It doesn't seem right. But he's way excited and I'm excited for him, even though I know that the excitement can only last so long before he realizes what exactly entails the whole school thing. Then again, maybe he'll be one of those freaks that LOVED school growing up. This is a very slim possibility given my history with school and also my hubby's history with it- we both couldn't wait for it to be over. Looking back, I probably wouldn't have taken my education for granted. I had an opportunity that some women aren't even given in certain regions of the world. Also, I miss school. Okay, maybe not high school, but sometimes I wish I could go back to college and finish getting my degree.
I do plan on doing so once my kiddos are older. Until then, I'm doing the mommy thing and enjoying doing so. I know that I have stated this before, but I'll do it again- I'm very lucky to have the life that I do. Anyway, I have a lot to do around the house. Laundry being one of those things. I also want to work on some writing, and I want to spend a chunk of the day outside playing with the kids- although it looks like it might rain today, hopefully not though. It's always a little crazy getting back into the groove of things, but I'll get back to it soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment