Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rejection

It's part of the business, right? You're only dreaming if you think that every agent you query is going to immediately fall in love with your work. It's not that easy, and that's pretty much the impossible dream. I have a few queries floating around the World Wide Web, sitting in the computer of an agent that might possibly end up representing me, waiting patiently (or not) with all those other queries that carry the dream of their author in their words, and it's a little scary. First off, does my query suck? I don't know, I don't think it does, but it's quite possible. Second of all, I would very much like a rejection, even a form rejection, rather than the silence. It may be that the agent is too busy making someone else's dream come true to worry about mine, but it's hard not hearing back. I have recieved one official no, but that's alright. At least I can check that one agent off my list. This is going to be a long process, I get that, and I barely started, so I know I've still got a ways to go. Confession: Patience isn't my strong suit. HA! Then again, when is patience someone's strong suit? For anyone out there in the blogosphere that is raising and waving their hands up, screaming 'me!me!me!', I salute you- you are a better (wo)man than I. Okay, time to go. I need to work through this lagging time period- literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment