Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Fear

The fear of failure keeps us anchored. When we are unable to free ourselves of this heavy weight, we can lose sight of our final desination. And not everyone's destination is publication. I'm not quite sure how to overcome this fear, the best thing I can think to do is keep my eyes closed while I press the send key. I started writing for myself, but somewhere along the way I started getting this burning in my chest, I don't know how else to describe it. That burning let me know that perhaps it was time to share my story with others, that it was good enough. Then the doubt would sink in and I would think ' what if I'm completely delusional?' But I knew the truth in my heart, that I loved my story, and even if others do not, at least I have that. At least I can say I tried if I don't succeed. I don't want any 'what ifs' in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment