Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The First

I've been debating this whole blogging thing for a while. It's a little scary to put yourself out there for the whole world to see (though I doubt that the whole world or even one person will read this). What pushed me over the edge is that I want others to see my journey. As a writer I thrive on reading another writer's blog. Why? For hope. I love reading the success stories of others. They inspire me. I hope to one day have my own success story to inspire a fellow author. I love what I do, and will continue to do it even if I never see my book on the shelf of a bookstore. That's not why we write, right? It would be nice, but it's not the ultimate goal. What is? Finding yourself through your work. I learn a lot about myself from my writing. It can be scary to see my MC dealing with issues I have yet to deal with myself. At the end of the day it makes me feel better to put something down on paper, and I'm not going to stop anytime soon. Even after the rejections start piling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment