Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Writing Through the Nausea

The amount of illness that has overtaken our home for the last month plus is really starting to irritate me...and my son hasn't even started school! I was under the impression that grade school kids usually bring home the germs with them from their classmates, but why is it that we're all puking when he's never even stepped foot in his school since registration back in March? I'm getting kind of grumpy about it. Honestly, I can't remember the last time we are all this sick, in fact, my husband has NEVER been this sick.

To top it off, my poor mother-in-law is in town and she also caught the little bugger. I'm hoping all is well by tomorrow because that's when me and the hubby are going to the Michael Buble concert, which I am SO estatic about. I love his style of singing, how he's managed to blend the classics (Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, etc) with his own contemporary stuff.

But the real reason I'm writing this post is because as I've been sitting around, trying to ignore the nausea, I've been able to do some writing. So, I guess it's kind of a good thing? No, I'm pretty sure I would have been writing even if I was well. Right now I'm just trying to write through the sickness. I also entered a contest over on Becky Wallace's blog a few weeks back to have my story critiqued by her awesome editing powers. Alas, I didn't win, but she did say she would critique your query letter if you weren't chosen, and she is a woman of her word. I got mine back yesterday and I am so grateful for the time she took to look over it and for the advice she gave- I've already started to tweak my query and it's looking so much better than before.

Okay, I have some housework that needs attention. Here's hoping that our house full of sickos recovers soon.

1 comment:

  1. Kids are germ breeders. It's a good thing they're so cute! I hope everyone feels better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete