1. I finished the sequel to Paranormalcy, Supernaturally, and also enjoyed it quite a bit. I read some reviews where people were complaining that Evie was too weak and reliant on Lend, but here's the thing, the girl has ALWAYS been lonely. That was the premise for her being an empty, so no matter what she's going to need that one person that's made her feel normal and human and not empty. When you really love someone it sucks to be apart from them, she isn't whiney, just in love. And she did still kick some butt.
2. There's a pretty importnant scene towards the end of my manuscript that I've been struggling with, and I finally had a breakthrough last night! It's so exciting to finally put a piece of the puzzle together that's been hiding underneath your couch this whole time. The location of the scene was one thing that bothered me (it takes place in NYC) and I could never find a place quite creepy enough for it, search as I might, but over the last few days I found the perfect place, the only problem, you need a boat to get there. But no problemo for my characters, they are supernatuarl freaks afterall. I wrote some of it yesterday, and I'm going to finish it up today.
3. I also had a great idea for an opening for my WIP, having struggled with it for quite some time. It just hit me while I was in the car (my husband was driving). I'm always inspired watching the scenery unfold behind the big glass and metal bubble of a vehicle, I don't know why, it just soothes me. But it's nice to know where I'd like to start. Kind of key.
4. Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary, thus far we haven't made any huge plans since we don't have baby-sitters (my daughter refuses to go to anyone that she hasn't been around for like three days straight). It's frustrating but my mother-in-law volunteered to come down and stay with us for a few days so we can get some alone time. That'll be nice. I really mean it when I say it's so important to get away from the kids every now and then, you need it for your sanity. So, I think we might go to a concert or something, the movies, and a yummy dinner, who knows?
5. I'm not sure how much reading I'm going to get done this weekend since my husband doesn't like when I disappear behind a book for long periods of time when he's around, but I'm looking forward to diving into the many other stories that I purchased. Next on my list is "Sirensong" by Jenna Black, it's the last in the Faeriewalker series and I can't wait to see how it ends. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great weekend all!