Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reading, So Far...

Okay, so I've finished two of the I don't even know how many books I ordered. The first being The Iron Witch. I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The idea of a girl gaining superhuman strength with the iron pumping in her hands was pretty cool, I also loved the discriptions of all the creepy fey creatures, I could totally picture them. The only negative thing I have to add is that during the middle the author dumps all this info on you and it kind of made the story drag, other than that, I thought it was original, with a just the right amount of romance and adventure thrown in to make you keep turning the pages.

The other book I finished was Paranormalcy, this one I loved. Evie is freaking awesome and I really connected to her. Then there's Lend, can you say dreamy? Perfect guy, definitely. I'm glad he wasn't some jerk who kept giving Evie mixed signals, being all sweet to her then all brooding, he was genuine. Seems now adays that all the guys in books have that whole emo, brooding, formula to them and Lend was refreshing. After the end I couldn't wait to start the next one, Supernaturally, and I'm so glad that I bought them both so I don't have to wait for it.

That's it thus far. I'm sure I'll chug along the rest in no time. My husband will complain about how I'm not spending enough time with him, so I've got make sure I don't get so dragged into the books that I ignore everything around me, and trust me, that's hard.

In the writing front, things are moving along nicely. I'm almost done with revisions and am hoping to find some beta readers. Still no critique partners. I'm still on the hunt for those sadly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment