Friday, August 12, 2011

Five For Friday

1. Michael Buble was AH-MAH-ZING, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much, he is hilarious. And that soulful, unique voice of his had me swooning and dancing and very happy. His opening act was also incredible, they're called Naturally 7 and they use their mouths to make the sounds of instruments like guitars or harmonicas, the bass, drums, anything you can think of, they did it. It was like that show The Singing Bee with Nick Lachey of 98 degrees fame??? Yeah, very inspiring and talented.

2. I finished reading another book 'Hourglass' and will write up a review next week. Spoiler: It was freaking awesome!

3.You know how you get lost in the emotions of your character at times?? I've found that it's quite theraputic for me. My MC Shelly goes through some things that I've never been experienced myself, but found that the emotional tornado that lifts her up and makes her dizzy is much like some of the things I went through as a teen, and it has helped me to accept it and move on. Yeah, writing is my very own way of being psycho analyzed.

4. I can't say I've gotten much writing done this week...well...because I haven't. What can I say, having sick kids, my poor mother-in-law being sick, getting my house ready for my own mom to visit, all of these things have made it kind of hard to get much of anything done that doesn't involve wrapping people up in blankets or scrubbing of some kind.

5. One of my favorite books is 'The Help' and as you know, I'm sure, the movie came out on Wednesday. I'm kind of anxious to watch it. Recently I read an interview with the author where she shared her publishing story and the woman was rejected sixty times! Yes, that's 6-0! Wow, all I can say is that she is one optimistic mumba jumba (i don't know what that means, but I just made it up so it counts :). It really helped me to realize that if you really love your story and truly believe in it, then don't give up! Keep trying. And that's what I'll leave you with on this warming Friday morning, keep on trekking!

No comments:

Post a Comment