Monday, August 8, 2011

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Finished Anna and the French Kiss, and oh my goodness, did I LOVE it! I've always enjoyed contemporary teen novels, but it's been a while since one came along that was so fresh and well written and just plain perfect. Stephanie Perkins has solidified my love for this genre, and I'm off to pre-order my copy of Lola and the Boy Next Door. Seriously peeps, this book made me realize how unqualified I am as a writer. I know that everyone has their own style, but I am envious of Ms. Perkins ability to capture the emotions of a scene with the smallest of details. And it made me want to go to Paris so bad! I've always wanted to go but now I must visit every monument, museum, graveyard and whatnot that was listed. And the food, holy crap, do I want to try the food. Then there's the romance between Anna and Etienne, so sweet, with great build up, the kind that makes you want to kick someone in the head because you're dying for them to finally kiss! Ms. Perkins knows how to use the romantic tension to her advantage. All in all it was a fun read with great characters and I was not disappointed- isn't that always nice?

1 comment:

  1. This is on my list of books to read this summer. Think I will crack it open tonight.

    ReplyDelete