I would like to thank Laila Knight for giving me a blogging award! Go to the link above to check out her awesome blog, Untroubled Kindom of Laila Knight. These are my first and possibly my only, awards but I am grateful nonetheless. I also want to officially welcome all the new faces who are following my blog, it's an honor. So here the awards I got from Laila:
Here are the Rules:
Thank and Link to the person who nominates you
Share Seven Random facts about yourself
Pass the award to five more blogger friends
Contact and congratulate the blogs nominated
Okay, so seven facts about myself. I apologize ahead if these are not all that interesting to you...
1. I am under five feet tall. I think my purpose in life is to make others feel tall, or at least that's what I tell myself.
2. I was originally born in India and moved to the states when I was six, growing up in the suburbs of DC. Northern VA and DC will always have a special place in my heart.
3. When I was three and lived in the Himalyas (my dad's from a tiny village up there in those grand mountains) we visited a Hindu temple where they let local monkeys roam free. Being three, I thought they were the cutest things in the world and proceededt to chase a baby monkey. Needless to say, the mom wasn't too happy and bit me- with the baby joining in. I have scars on the back of my left leg from the attack. You can guess that my love for monkeys is slim to none.
4. My name is Hindu and when translated to english means inspiration. Yeah, kind of a hard one to live up to.
5. Okay, so this one isn't about me, but it's pretty dang cool. My dad is well aquainted with the international superstar actor known as, Leonardo DiCaprio. Yes, you read that correctly. In fact, he's stayed at his guest house on a couple of different occasions (once while he was filming Blood Diamond in south Africa) and has even cooked him Inidan food. My little brother spent Christmas day at Leo's beach house last year along with my dad and the actor himself, he even has a pic of them together on facebook. I was supposed to meet him a couple of years ago, but he was dating Bar Rafeali at the time and they were in a fight so they couldn't come out to have dinner with us at my dad's. I'm hoping to meet him the next time we get a chance to go out to LA.
6.I've known my husband since I was fifteen- it'll be a decade this upcoming Thanksgiving.
7. I have a huge fear of snakes- they are disgusting and I have no idea why they even exist.
Before I tell you my nominees I have to say that it was tough choosing just five. I enjoy reading all the blogs that I follow, and all of you have fun, smart, witty, and insightful thoughts to share with everyone.
Without further ado, here are my nominees:
Lindy at lindylegend.blogspot.com
Melanie Stanford at daydreamertowriter.blogspot.com
Steph Sinkhorn at maybegenius.blogspot.com
Charlotte G at charlotte-on-the-web.blogspot.com
Trisha Leaver at trishaleaver.blogspot.com
Go check them out!