Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Why I'm Loving Technology Today

When you have kids it's hard to find time to get away. At times I dread having to go to the store and runnimg various other errands. The idea of dragging around four grumpy little ones leaves me (and most parents out there) shaking in their boots.

The hardest part it not being able to browse the library. As soon as we walk in, I'm allowed a very limited amount of time to find something for myself. Five minutes tops. My kids make these faces the whole time as I look around for something interesting to read that say 'I'm so over this'. And on top of that, my youngest usually cries and whines until I take them all to the kids section. So yeah, library time is hard for a book lover with kids. Then I discovered something, online book reservations. This happened only recently (like a month ago) and I have no idea why I'm so late to the party. I can get onto my libraries website, browse various titles, and hold what I want. It's so easy. Instead of having to plan out every minute browsing, I can just go in and pick up what I want when it's available without all the hassle. And I can take my kids straight to their area and spend time with them there without feeling frustrated because I don't get time to pick out some titles for myself.

Anyway, I just thought this was super cool and amazing. It makes life simpler, and I'm totally embracing this sort of advancement. In fact, over the course of the last month I've read 12 books. It's pretty awesome. I'll come back later with another post for those books I highly enjoyed. Hope you guys are doing great. The baby is slowly starting to get on a schedule and I'm getting more and more resting time. I'll be back full-time to the blogging thing before you all know it. Meanwhile, good luck with your writing and querying and whatever else you may be doing at this time.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I'll have to remember in a few years when I have kids. Best wishes for you, your family, and your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Library book reservations are the best thing ever, and I don't even have kids! So glad you found out about it. Congrats on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an older post but I've enjoyed reading some of your past posts. I also love making library reservations online! Especially late at night when the kids are in bed and when I'm reading blogs or goodreads.com or wherever and get a book idea!

    Plus, I live in a tiny town (under 7000 people) and our library is basically one large room with a bathroom and small office attached to it. But through our interlibrary system I can access books from a huge chunk of the state. Makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete