1. I took a trip down memory lane yesterday, the one filled with pink glitter, sparkly flowers, shoes so thick that they make a whole foot taller, and bold curly writing that says 'girl power' everywhere you turn. That's right, I watched Spice World. I think the last time I watched that movie was when I was 12, but I still remembered all the lyrics to the songs and felt surges of pride whenever they shouted 'girl power' or wore t-shirts baring the mantra. My daughter even snuggled up next to me and watched the fun-filled absurdity unfold. A couple of times she even got up and danced around the coffee table. Yes, I am a Spice Girls fan, and I hope that they decide to do another tour because I would so buy tickets!
2. I've noticed a trend in my emotions as of late,the trend being tears. I'll watch a preview for that new dolphin movie (you know the one, they've been advertising it like crazy) and find tears silently trickling down my cheeks. I don't burst into tears mind you, but it comes pretty close to that line of hysterical crying. Hormones are wack! I mean it, I probably cry more while I'm pregnant than I do my whole life combined. I even got emotional over the Spice Girls!
3. You can imagine with such high strung emotions that this would be the perfect time to work on some of those more emotional scenes in my new story, but I'mascared...mainly of bursting into tears and feeling absolutely ridiculous, but I'm going to give it a try anyway- this weekend. Yes, I am making a promise to myself (not to anyone else because it's easier to let myself down rather than someone else) to get some writing done, no matter how many excuses I can come up with- trust me there are a lot- I will be productive darn it!
4. The story I'm currently working on has witches, and I'm very excited to delve deeper into all that mythology, it fascinates me. I've loved witches ever since I watched Hocus Pocus back when I was six- it was the first movie I ever saw in the US theaters. I'm having fun coming up with spells and things like that. The story takes place in a fictional Massachusetts town haunted by the local witch. Most of my stories are set back east because that's where I grew up. I love all the lush forests there, the greenness of the setting, the humidity, the rain- man do I miss all those thunderstorms.
5. I know I'm late for this, but I just wanted to wish everyone that lost anyone during the 9-11 attacks well. My dad was working in DC during the time of the attacks and I remember being so scared that something might have happened to him. I can't even begin to imagine the fear that shook the residents of New York City. I'm so grateful to live where I do, to be able to enjoy the freedoms that many cannot in nations across the world. It's nice to be able to choose my own beliefs, whether they be religious or political.
Okay everyone, have a safe and happy weekend, I hope you all get some writing done!