1. Guess what I've been doing for the last hour? Working on my manuscript! And I have to say, it's really nice to get back into it. Reunited and it feels so good. Maybe doing the flash fiction earlier this week helped me to get out that braindead rut I've been in the last couple of weeks.
2. Speaking of the Campaign, I'm really enjoying making the rounds and reading everyone's entries. It's amazing to see all the different interpretations of one simple line. I have to say, I'm really impressed, and I'm not just saying that to suck up to anyone, but because I am genuinley blown away by all the great writers out there. It's a little intimidating, but I'm glad to get to know all of you!
3. I am planning on doing a lot of sleeping this weekend. I can't remember the last time I really took a nap, but over the last week I've found myself dozing off on the couch while my kids are running around playing and destroying my house. I really need to get a handle over this pregnancy thing.
4. Last week Hastings had a four for one dollar sale on many selections of their books. Twenty five cents for a book? Now that's what I call a bargain. I picked up about fourteen books for myself, all of which I wouldn't normally buy, but I've been wanting to get out of my reading comfort zone. One that I'm really excited about, mainly because I loved the movie, is About A Boy. ANyone else seen it or read the book? How do they compare? Now I know that books are always better than the movie versions, but I'm still curious to see if it holds up with this one.
5. I've written out a few posts that don't have much to do with writing but are just sitting there for the moment until I get the nerve to publish them. They're just a few insights into life and television and pop culture. I think I've mentioned this before but I'm a little obsessed with pop culture and what not. I used to watch Entertainment Tonight and E! news religiously, and know things that normal every day people shouldn't about celebrities. But I think I might post them just for the heck of it. It might be a nice change of pace from my pregnancy complaints.
Okay all, have a great weekend. I'm going to go read some more of your wonderful entries over at Campaign Headquarters, AKA, Rachel Harrie's blog.