1. I devoured Something Like Normal by Trish Doller in half a day. Okay, it's kind of a slim book, but it never felt lacking, in my humble opinion. I was even satisfied with the ending. It felt authentic. The author did a great job of getting a guy voice down, I even heard a dude narrating it in my head. (I may need to get that checked out). Warning: there is drug and alcohol use, foul language, and sex, but nothing is graphic.
2. It was over a hundred degrees here ALL week long. Needless to say, we didn't go out much. And air conditioning is now my best friend. As weird as it is to say (or write), I can't wait until it goes back down to the 90s.
3. I watched Mirror Mirror yesterday (you know, that other Snow White movie that came out this year) and it was super cute. Predictable, cheesy, and sugary enough to give you a tooth ache, but I enjoyed it.
4. On the writing front, things are still progressing. They're a little bit slower since I've hit the middle and am kind of going through a bit of writer's block, but I'm working through it.
5. They have Downton Abbey season 2 available on Hulu Plus! I watched the first two episodes this last week and already I'm nervous about the fates of certain characters. I'm sure I'll shed a few tears.
Happy weekend, All. Keep hydrated!