Monday, November 14, 2011

NaNo and Edits

Word count: 12772. Yes, I got work done this weekend! Even with the madness of Saturday evening. Turns out we had some last minute family come into town along with family that had already planned on coming. It was kind of stressful and crazy, but it was fun to see everyone. And the kids love to play with their cousins, so it worked out in the end.
Edits:85% done. I'm getting to the end. It's so close, I can almost taste it. But I've been REALLY tired the last couple of days, after going to sleep after midnight on both Saturday and Sunday, so I'm not sure how much work I'm going to get done. My only desire for the day is to take a nap! Ahh, that sounds heavenly. But we'll see. Might be near impossible with the kids.

Tonight the hubby leaves for a couple of days for work. I'm thinking I'll be much more productive by tomorrow night. AFTER the kids go to bed. Well, that's it for today. Hope everyone else is doing great with this challenging month. There's so much going on, especially with Thanksgiving fast approaching. And with Thanksgiving comes Christmas preparation. Seriously, what's up with all the Christmasy things already EVERYWHERE? Give Turkey day the acknowledgement it deserves! It is MY favorite Holiday! Great, now I'm craving Turkey and stuffing. And Pie. Okay, better go eat some lunch. I'll be back for another update!

5 comments:

  1. The Christmas stuff goes up earlier every year. I saw some the day after Halloween. Unbelievable. Congrats on your Nano word count. You're getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12772 is not bad at all. Good job. Writing takes such a long time, and with small kids at home it can be really hard to fit it into the schedule. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent progress on that word count! I'm envious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an impressive word count when you're also mom to three kids (as mom to two I know how hard it is to find time to write and you've got one more than me). Hope you find time to nap and write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas is my favorite holiday, but even I think it's ridiculous how early it's being celebrated. The Hobby Lobby and Lowe's by my house started putting things out in September... right next to the Halloween stuff. How sad it that?

    Ooo. Now I'm craving turkey and pie, too. Only six more days. ;)

    ReplyDelete