Friday, November 4, 2011

Five for Friday

1. Nano update 2: 7661 words. Way more than I thought, but once I get going, nothing can stop me. I'm a fast typer. This number won't likely change over the weekend b/c I plan spending it with my family. And the husband returns this afternoon.

2. Edit update: About 2/3 of the way through. I spent most of yesterday ( when my children allowed it) working on the edits. The other 1/3 will get done once I have a printed copy to go through with a big old red pen. I'm proud of myself. You have no idea how much I was dreading having to make even more changes, but I felt inspired and it worked out.

3. For others doing NaNo, you can feel free to add me as your writing buddy, I'm prernapickett on there. If you want me to add you, just leave a comment and let me know. I would love to know how the rest of you are faring. And encouragement is much needed.

4. As I mentioned, my husband comes back today. Thank goodness. I do not sleep well when he's gone. Every single sound I hear is an intruder or ghost out to get me. It didn't help that Wednesday night was the windiest its ever been around here so there was much shaking and rattling in the night.

5. I don't have a fifth...sorry. I'm boring, I know. Good luck to all you NaNo participants! I'm cheering you on from behind this screen, so it's probably a bit muffled and hard to make out. Have productive and fun weekends all!

12 comments:

  1. I will totally add you as a friend and I know how you feel when your husband's away. I don't sleep well either!

    Ps, I just have to ask because I don't want to be guessing, but how do you pronounce your name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined Nano but since I'll I've written since Tuesday is the outline- I haven't showed my face in the forums yet. *shame* lol. Congrats on your word count! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel- It's pronounced Prayer-na. I'll see you on NaNo!

    CQG- An outline is better than nothing! It'll help quite a bit once you get started. Don't be afraid to show your face on the forums, I'm sure you're not alone. My word count will probably slow down once next week rolls around. Oh well, as long as I make some kind of progress, I'm good :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your NaNo goals! Honestly, I tried NaNoWriMo one year, and...it's not for me. But, I'm happily cheering on all the participants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your word count. I supposed to be working on mine right now...

    I'll add you as a buddy. I'm Riverite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with Nano Prerna - am going on there to add you as a buddy now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing great with NaNo! Keep writing. I'm the same way when my hubby is gone. Even more so with a child in the house now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go with Nano! You're on your way! And managing to edit, too. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not doing NaNo this time around, but impressed with everyone who is! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your nano numbers! For editing, too. It's amazing that you can do both!

    ReplyDelete