Thursday, July 28, 2011

Five For Friday

1. I know technically it isn't Friday, but I have family coming into town early tomorrow morning so it's doubtful that I'll be able to make it online.

2. A few weeks back me and my husband finally finished all five seasons of Friday Night Lights. If you haven't watched it, you should. It's a great, heart warming, real show about love, life, family, and so much more than football. After we were done my husband turned to me and said "It feels like some of our best friends just moved out of the country without even telling us." And it totally did. It had a satisfactory ending, but it was still sad to say goodbye to the town of Dillon.

3. I went through and finished another round of revisions, it feels good. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I was able to cut some scenes and realized that I was missing some key information and added that, but I don't think I'm quite done yet. But it feels good to get back in the game, I've been kind of lazy with the writing game as of late, but it's summer and family time is more important, especially with my oldest about to enter the wild world of public school. I'm trying not to think about that too much, it just makes me want to cry to think that he's already that age.

4. I've downloaded some really great music the last couple of weeks and it's amazing what a difference is makes when it comes to my imagination. I've believe that music can really help with the whole writing process (most of the time, not always). I've downloaded some Mumford and Sons, Iron and Wine, The Fray, and Amy Whinehouse (I was saddened to learn of her death, and at such a young age, it's so sad).

5. Okay, so my daughter started walking at 8 and a half months (yeah, it's pretty unbelievable, but she did), and she is now 18 and a half months old. You would think that being able to walk for more than half your life she would have the hang of it, but unfortunately she has inherited a disturbing trait from me- clumsiness- the kind that would make even Bella Swan cringe. She falls, I kid you not, at least ten times a day. It's insane, and quite frankly, a little embarrassing, although she doesn't quite understand the concept of embarrassment. Yeah, I feel pretty awful for passing it down to her (I run into walls ALL the freaking time!) but hopefully as she gets older her falls will be of a more graceful nature...we'll see how that plays out.
Alright, the weekend is near, the sun is still shining, and there's plenty of summer left for you have adventures. Hopefully I have some fun ones with my family over the next few days, and I hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment