Monday, July 18, 2011

Vacation Vacation

This will probably be my only post for the week. We leave on Wednesday for our yearly Pickett clan camping trip. This year is going to be just a tad bit different since some of the family is either living in Alaska or can't make it out. It'll be sad to have the group be smaller, but the kids will still have a blast. I'm already dreaming about tinfoil dinners and s'moring it up around the campfire.

I've been editing some more and it feels good to be back in the game. I took a little break after the fourth and haven't had much energy for anything but taking care of the familia, so it's nice when you finally get that motivational breakthrough. I think I figured out what has been bothering me about the manuscript and I'm going through it to fix it all up and polish it even more. For some reason I was under the impression that you did most of the editing after you got an agent, but hahaha, not so. I'm kind of a perfectionist and I keep finding things in writing that I know needs improvement, so then I set out to make that happen, which sets me back with the whole query thing. But I want my work to be the best it can be in my hands before I send it out into the world for someone else to judge it. The weird thing is that I still love the story even after all the work I've put it. You'd think I'd be sick of it by now, but I want to do the best I can for my characters, they deserve that much.

Okay, well, I've got some laundry that's piling up, a belly that is growing from lack of exercise, and kids that need bathing. Hope everyone else has a fabulous week full of fun in the sun and some writing in the shining rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment