Friday, March 1, 2013

Five for Friday

1. So I was back and then I left and now I'm back again. It's crazy how busy this year (all two months of it) has been. I'm exhausted, but determined to keep things up. Thankfully I have the weekend to recover and this weekend is going to be warm and full of sunshine, so I'll definitely take my time recuperating.

2. I know I'm late to the party, and by late I mean I got there about an hour after everyone else had already left, but I fell head over heels in love with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Not only is the cover enticing, but the title is totally original and perfectly sums up the story.

3. My older sister also loves reading a good YA book, and we share very similar tastes. It's fun because we can discuss the books and talk about all sorts of spoilery things. She texted me last night for some more recommendations which I was more than happy to provide. I love sharing my love for a certain book with others, especially when they love them, too.

4. I'm almost done with the first draft of my contemporary project, Restoring Casey! I'm super excited because it's been a while since I've finished a first draft of anything. I get distracted very easily. You can guess why I haven't been around as much, I've been busy exerting my creative energy into finishing RC, and I'm hoping to get done by mid-March.

5. Okay, so I haven't had chocolate in a few days and I'm very proud of myself. A couple weeks ago I finally admitted I had a sugar problem and needed to get it under control. It's been hard, guys, really hard. The cravings can be fierce and hit at the most inconvenient of times (like right after I'm done working out, what is up with that?), but I keep it cool, drink some water, make sure I'm keeping my appetite satiated and write. Writing has been a great distraction.

Time to go. Have a wonderful first weekend of March!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your draft and good luck with the chocolate thing. I can see how that would be an incredibly hard thing to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're getting sugar cravings, go get some chromium from a health food store/naturopath's office (so you know it's a good product)

    When my liver was so bad it wasn't even breaking down oxygen properly, I was getting wild cravings 'cause my body was being starved of nutrients... and that's what was recommended to me.

    Just take one each morning and you should be good all day :)

    ReplyDelete