Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lost In Writing

For some time now I've felt lost in my writing. Not career wise, but in direction. I have a few projects I've started and stopped, and a few more I keep thinking about but haven't written yet.

I have no idea what the crap I should write, you guys! Nothing resonates with me, yet everything resonates with me. I have a romantic comedy in the works, a super hero/ paranormal, a more serious contemporary, and an old project I want to rewrite. 

I'm wandering around on various paths that can either lead to something fulfilling or to absolutely nothing. I've gotten to the point where just opening up a document gets me frustrated, but I'm not giving up. I work on something each day, or at least try to. I'm waiting for that moment when writing gets hard but is bearable because I know I love the story no matter what.

This has never happened to me before. I'm on dry spell and it's driving me insane. I don't believe in working on something unless you feel passionately about it and I don't really feel that way about anything right now. Maybe it's pregnancy, maybe it's just one of those circle of writing things you have to get through. Whatever it is, I know I can get through it and be stronger for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment