Friday, April 10, 2015

Five for Friday

 I haven't done this for a while so I might be a bit rusty.

1. I read In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken and cried on at least 10 different occasions. It was amazing and a wonderful close to the trilogy. I love her writing style, especially her character development. These books are intense and so well written, check them out if you haven't already! I also read Bone Gap, which was a great magical realism retelling with beautiful prose.

2. I checked off all my goals for this week. I revised six chapters and wrote 2k on a different one! Also, I read some great books! Woohoo!

3. I started watching Finding Carter, a show about a girl who discovers her mother is actually her kidnapper and must go live with her real family. I love the complicated relationship between Carter and the mom who raised her versus the mom who birthed her. I do think it's a bit over the top with all the drug use. I swear the majority of the time Carter and her friends are off getting high at her other friends little hideaway instead of actually being in school and I'm like, yeah, no way would the school not call the parents if the kids were skipping ALL THE TIME, and also, I knew plenty kids who smoked and stuff and they weren't even out of school that much. Seriously, over the top. Season one is currently streaming on Hulu, hence the reason I've been able to watch it. The second season just started, if you want to give it a try. It's a great show if you can ignore the inaccurate portrayal of high school life.

4. I took my girls to watch Cinderella this week as well and it was fantastic. I *might* have shed a few tears. Darn pregnancy hormones.



5. Ummmm....there may not be a fifth one this time around. Whoops. Hope you all had a good week!


3 comments:

  1. First of all, your girls are adorable!!
    Second, the show reminds me of a book I read once. Only it was from the POV of the mom who kidnapped her. It was very interesting. The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Bone Gap too -- beautiful writing!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen at YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an interesting show! Glad your girls liked Cinderella, =D

    ReplyDelete