Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What's Up Wednesday



What I'm Writing:
Got in 2k last week and could have gotten more in, but I got some awesome notes from my CP for Fading and I'm frantically working on those in case I get any bites during Pitch Wars.

What I'm Reading:
Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken, the second book in The Darkest Minds trilogy. It was awesome. I"m so glad the third book is out now so I can go get my copy quickly. Also, Blue Lily Lily Blue, which, you know, was too amazing for words.

What Works For Me:
Writing for yourself. Often times I think we get sidetracked with the dream. You know, the publication dream. But when you step away from it and focus on just writing something for yourself, with no other goals attached to it, you get so much more done. I've been doing that with my latest WIP and it works. I want to write for myself and no one else.

What Else I've Been Up To:
Yesterday I voted for the first time ever. I became an official US citizen early this year an  it was great to put my civic duty to work. Also I'm trying to stay distracted since tomorrow is their alternates showcase for Pitch Wars! Eeep!

What's up with you?


5 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about The Coldest Girl in Coldtown that I'll have to add it to my TBR. It's silly, but the title is putting me off it a bit.
    I'm excited for TV too but I've barely had a chance to watch any. Tried one episode of Gotham but decided to scrap it. Watched one episode of Sleepy Hollow, Agents of SHIELD, and TVD, but haven't watched any of Arrow yet or The Flash or Reign. Ahh, no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *adore* Arrow <3 And I'm quite enjoying Gotham. It's definitely improving.

    Sabriel is an old favourite of mine. Lirael is my absolute favourite though.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of other creative outlets as well. I like to bake and quilt and color with my daughter. Whatever lets my mind wander. Best of luck picking up that momentum, Prerna, and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on hitting 1K. I've been watching The Flash, too, and really enjoy it. I think the fact that Barry is so adorably dorky has kept me watching each week. That actor is doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on hitting 1k!!!! I haven't seen The Flash but have heard good things. Maybe I'll have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete