Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What's Up Wednesday



What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, allowing us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's up, put on by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk. If you'd like to join click on the links above!

What I'm Reading:
GOOD STUFF: NIL, holy crap, a perfect mix of Lost and Survivor. I've also seen it likened to The Maze Runner series, but I've never read those books so I can't say if it's true or not. Honestly, though, Lost is still one of my favorite shows of all time and NIL definitely held some similarities. The only issue I had with it was the insta-love. Usually I don't mind it because I really think such a thing exists, but it was a bit much in this book. I also read Between Shades of Gray, and river of tears. It got me. If you loved  The Book Thief, then you need to read this beautiful, heart breakingly honest book. Then there's Since You've Been Gone, which was a fun, cute, summer read.

What I'm Writing:
20k!!!! Yes! Now only like 40 or 50 more to go.

What Works For Me:
Taking time off. Seriously, stepping away from writing and taking a break is so important to the process. Unless you want your brain to fry, I suggest letting your imagination take a rest every now and then.

What Else I've Been Up To:
MIAMI! Loved it. Humid as nothing I've ever experienced (this coming from a girl who grew up in VA where humidity is a given), but the beach was beautiful, the water clear and warm, and the restort the husband and I stayed at was unreal.


This was me having a whole day to myself while the Husband was at his work conference. 

All in all an amazing time was had by me. Hope to go back soon!

What have you been up to?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great vacation, which is great! I've never been to Miami, but I've been to Orlando and Tampa and experienced some humidity, but probably not anywhere near as much as Miami in September. I don't do so well with humidity myself. Congrats on reaching 20K! That's awesome! :-) I'm glad you liked BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY. I thought it was a really moving book and really well written. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice! I really need to step away from writing more often. There's always that worry about losing momentum, but it doesn't do any good to force yourself to write when your brain needs a break. Looks like you had a great time in Miami! I hope you feel recharged and ready to build on that awesome 20k!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great vacation and congrats on that word count.

    ReplyDelete