Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

                                                    
What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, allowing us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's up, put on by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk. If you'd like to join click on the links above!

What I'm Reading:
I got into some great titles. I finished This Is Not A Test, which was brilliant  and hella creepy and somewhat depressing, and I'm so excited about the sequel! The Summer I Met You was a perfect summer romance read. And Behind the Scenes was sexy and fun with plenty of heart.

What I'm Writing:
After getting some amazing notes from my CP, Molly, I'm now revising a few chapters of Fading while also working on my new contemp. Which is in 3rd POV. Which I've never attempted before. Oh, and there's the dreaded query I'm still trying to figure out. Ugh.

What Inspires Me Right Now:
Watching the journey of other writers as they succeed in various ways. Whether by self-pubbing or getting that agent or that magical book deal. It gives me hope.

What Else I've Been Up To:
I found out I'll be heading to Miami in September with my husband! It's still several weeks away, but I can't wait to hit the beach, each authentic Cuban food, and maybe even go dancing (thankfully I married a man that has rhythm). Until then I'll be typing away.

What's Up With You?

10 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Miami and ooh I also enjoyed BEHIND THE SCENES! Yay for revising with CP notes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queries are dreadful, and I have absolutely nothing positive to say about that process except good luck! It doesn't last forever. :) Dancing in Miami sounds lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading others' success stories can be so motivating! :) Good luck with that dreaded query!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove Miami. I hope I get the chance to go again someday :D

    This Is Not A Test is in my Kindle TBR pile. I'll have to read it soon.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it's inspiring to watch other writers succeed, especially when they're people you know! Your trip to Miami sounds like fun! Hope the next several weeks goes by quickly then! Good luck with both your writing projects this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no advice for queries. They are hard to write and easy for second guessing yourself. Oh, and you will love vacationing in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always great when a fellow writer succeeds - it definitely gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great vacation. Writing queries is so hard. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hah awesome! The holiday sounds very familiar: my way of looking at these things is always "what can I eat there?" and "what shennanigans can me and the wife get up to?". Dancing is an epic win on the shennanigans front.
    I'm excited for you getting the test reader notes back, I really can't wait to get my book to that stage and see what the red pen says...
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having a vacation to look forward to is such a great motivator. And dancing, hells yes you should go dancing!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete