1. Wow, it feels like forever since I've done one of these! What's been going on, you ask? Life. Lots and lots of life, filled with small moments of writing.
2. I really want to give a big thank you to all you awesome people who left critiques for my query and 150 words, you're the bestest! I really took the critiques to heart and worked my butt off to get the query to near as perfect as possible.
3. Michelle Krys recently ran a contest...and I won! What did I win? A copy of Girl of Nightmares, the much anticipated sequel to Anna Dressed In Blood. Now, I'm not telling you this just to gloat and be all 'I win you lose! Na-na-na-na-bo-bo' but because I want to share the gift. Once I recieve my copy and am done reading it, I'll hold my very first contest so one of you lucky people can read it too! Woohoo! I'll post more deets once I'm actually done with it.
4. If one word could sum up this week it would be revisions. Lots of them. I'm not even half way through. My awesome crit partner pointed out some serious issues within Fire and Ice, issues that I needed to know about. And I'm going about fixing them. I got some writing done on my WIP, but my main focus has been on revisions. I'm not gonna lie, it was daunting at first. But once I started, it became easier. Getting started is the hardest part, am I right?
5. I just finished the fabulous Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson and just adored it. Highly recommend to any fans of Jane Austen and old fashioned romances. So sweet.
Have a good weekend!