1. We found out we're having a girl! This will even out the boy-girl ratio around here. We'll end with two of each, which is pretty perfect. We're excited, but now the grueling task of picking a name comes into play. Since I'm Indian we gave Baby Princess#1 an Indian name, we'd like to keep the tradition going, but we're very particular about names in this household (the husband, more specifically). So, we might not even have one by the time she arrives in April. Wish us luck!
2. I have been on a writing roll this week, which is always so, so nice. I took a mini break after last months editing and NaNo ended, but now I'm back, baby! And better than ever (or so I hope)! Currently I've put the NaNo project on hold until I figure out a couple of puzzling plot points. Right now I'm working on Cursed (the witch project) and it's going well. As I mentioned in a previous post, I started this one over again. And thus far, I am pleased with my decision to do so.
3. Christmas is just over a week away and we're finally starting to gather all the presents. My husband and I don't really exchange gifts anymore, not because we don't want to, but because we have so much more fun watching the kids rip theirs open. We want to make it more about them than us until they get to age where they start WANTING it to be all about them. (Not looking forward to that.) Curious to know what was on the almighty list this year? Angry Birds was a big one with the boys. And our little girl just wants another baby doll. She is obssessed with those things. I guess she's at that age.
4. Does anyone else have a hard time picking gifts out for their parents? My dad isn't too particular, which makes the search all that much harder. My mom always says things like "I just want something that has meaning." Uh, okay, whatever that is. Seriously, they're impossible. I need to call the sis and figure that one out with her.
5. I've been listening to a lot of 'grim' music the last week as I work on Cursed. The themes are somewhat darker, so it's necessary. Not suicidal dark, but definitely the emo kind of dark. It's weird, I always assumed silence was the main tool I needed to get into writing, but lately I've found that music tends to transport me better into the minds of each of my characters. I even have playlists for each of them. But that's good, it makes it a bit easier to get into the groove of things.
That's all folks! Have a great weekend!