Monday, July 6, 2015
Ready. Set. Write! Check In: Week 5
I was absent last week due to craziness.
How I Did On Last Weeks Goals:
- Revise a chapter: Done and done, plus another one!
- Write new words: Ehhh...nope
- Read a book: Finished Snow Like Ash by Sarah Raasch. I enjoyed it, but An Ember In The Ashes is my favorite fantasy of the year. Also I tried, like REALLY tried to get into The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm now into The Wrath and the Dawn!
- Make more memories with my kids:We had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend and my 3yo loved the fireworks!
This Weeks Goals:
- Revise another chapter (maybe two?)
- Write new words
- Read something
- Give each of my children individual attention
A Favorite Line From My Story Or One Word/ Phrase That Sums Up What I Wrote/Revised:
Family. This story is very family oriented and the last couple of chapters have focused on my MCs relationship with her deceased mother and the lack of one with her father and grandparents. I really love developing the details around their issues and how they're going to come together.
The Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week:
Time. With the holiday weekend it was hard to find any time to do anything but prepare!
Something I Love About My WIP:
The family aspect of the story. There aren't very many YA novels out there that deal with family issues as much. A lot of times parent seem to barely be there at all. I wanted to write a story that dealt with those things along with all those other issues facing teens today (like falling in love for the first time).
Cheering all you other RSW participators on!