Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What's Up Wednesday




What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, allowing us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's up, put on by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk. If you'd like to join click on the links above!

What I'm Reading:
A Mad Wicked Folly, which I've wanted to read for quite a while and am so excited to dive into. I'm only a few pages in and loving it.

What I'm Writing:
Still working on my new WIP. I'm sooooo close to the end! I always get a wee bit lazy when I get there because I like to set myself up for failure cuz I'm awesome that way. Actually I'm a horrible procrastinator, but I've definitely gotten better over the years. If this were me last year I'd only have about 15k written so...progress!

What Inspires Me Right Now:
I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say, ‘Because of you I didn’t give up.’
— Unknown


I saw this quote flying around Tumblr and it really got to me. I don't know it actually is anonymous or not, seems like more often than not people give credit to the wrong people for having said something profound and thoughtful. But either way I love it. And this is truly what I aspire to.

What Else I've Been Up To:
Tinkering. I don't know what else I can do while waiting to hear from agents. I got into Cupids Literary Connection Blind Speed Dating and got four more requests! Woohoo! But I also got a couple more rejections, boo! Back to the tinkering thing. I can't help but go back and reread Restoring Casey while waiting for responses. I keep going back and forth. One second I think it's great the way it is, the next I'm questioning every decision I've made in the story and think I suck at ALL THE THINGS. This really is the hardest part. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not the end. If nothing pans out with RC, I'll move on. It'll hurt, but I can do it. I've done it once before and I'll keep doing it until I get it right.

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the querying. I was lucky to sign with my agent super fast, but then waited for years to find a publisher. So I understand how nerve racking the waiting can be. Best of luck to you!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible for procrastinating, too. I also have a tendency to come up with a flimsy excuse and put work off until the next day. I've gotten better too, though.
    Good luck finishing your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all the requests! Good luck finishing your WIP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for requests! Hope they turn into some seriously GOOD NEWS :D Best of luck finishing the WiP, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic that you got more requests, but 'boo' about the rejections. :(
    I'm a horrible procrastinator, too. I put things off way too much! I hope your week is productive and finishing your WiP goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats on your requests. Super happy news. =) Here's hoping you get some EPIC news from those requests and you become that inspired quote. Wait, did that make sense? Hm. I may be a bit low on cheese at the moment, or sleep, or a combination of both. *shrugs* Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous you're reading A Mad Wicked Folly. My library doesn't have it so if you think it's good, I'll just suck it up and buy.
    Shelving is soooo hard. One book I shelved I know I'm going to go back to it one day because I just can't let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agent speed dating sounds so fun! I got to meet Sharon Biggs Waller at our agencies writing retreat two weeks ago. She is so lovely. Told an amazing oral story at our talent night. Yes, go buy her book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats :) Can't wait to see your news from your requests. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate those self-doubt moments that sneak in and sabotage everything! Stay strong! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. boo to rejections, but YAY for requests! Don't let the self-doubt get to you! Hope you have an amazing week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the last bit of your WIP! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the quote! Good luck with querying and finishing up your WIP.

    ReplyDelete