Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, allowing us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's up, put on by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk. If you'd like to join click on the links above!

What I'm Reading:
Lots of wonderfulness. First off: Rainbow Rowell. I read Fangirl and Attachments recently and they were both delightful, wonderfully written, supremely rich in humor and awesome.

What I'm Writing:
Since NaNo ended? Not much. I think I'm giving my brain a break and just relaxing a bit. And with Christmas just around the corner, I don't have much time to do much other than find gifts and prepare for the festivities. I love Christmas!

What Inspires Me Right Now:
PitchWars! Even though I didn't make it in :( I'm still so inspired by the other writers who were picked. And it gives me hope that my turn will come some day. This isn't the end by any means! No way am I throwing in the towel this early on! I love the idea of authors helping other authors. People like Brenda Drake that hold these amazing contests are so inspiring. WHEN I reach my goal I would love to give back as well.

What Else I've Been Up To:
Getting through a cold. My throat is so soar it feels like I'm trying to swallow shards of glass. Kind of sucks. But I'm taking the time to relax, recuperate, and catch up on some shows on Netflix.  I love me some White Collar!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have a sore throat. Sending you bunches of tea along with buckets of sunshine. :)

    We just watched a ton of White Collar. I love Netflix. Though "play it now" can make you all kinds of lazy if you're not careful.

    And hooray for a little writing break. Hope you relax and have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your sick. I hope you feel better soon. I recommend Thoat Coat tea (by traditional medisons). I have found it helpful for sore throats plus it's super delitious. Sometimes I drink it even when I don't have a sore throat cause it's yummy and herbal not medisonal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto on the Throat Coat tea. Add some honey too!

      Delete
  3. That's too bad that you're sick. I hope it clears up soon! Christmas is my favourite time of year too. Come January I never know what to do with myself! Writing, I hope. I entered Pitch Wars last year, and even though I didn't make it in, I got some helpful feedback so it was totally worth it. This is one of those contests that I would definitely encourage people to take part in. Have a great week, Prerna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't make it into Pitch Wars, either, but I'm glad I entered. Hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon!

    Sorry to hear you didn't make it into Pitch Wars. There's always next time.

    December's a busy time of year. Hope when things calm down you can find time to write again ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Rainbow Rowell! I've read all of her books so far and would pick up anything she's written.
    Sorry about your cold, and about Pitch Wars. I love the contests Brenda Drake puts on, but I didn't have an MS ready for this time. Here's hoping for next time for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone seems to be reading Fangirl! I'm stuck on the same book for weeks, so I need to move on soon and read that. Maybe in the new year though.

    Pitch Wars is so competitive, and it's all subjective too, so kudos to you for entering in the first place. I did the contest circuit last year (though not Pitch Wars). There's so much opportunity there, and more chances in the new year! I hope you were able to connect with new writers, that's always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though you didn't get picked in Pitch Wars, it's great that you put your work out there in the first place. So don't sell yourself short for just doing that! :)

    I need to get on the Rainbow Rowell wagon like seriously. I usually don't go out and buy books these days if I've never read the author or just based on word-of-mouth, but somehow I already have all 3 of Rainbow Rowell's books without having read a word. But by all accounts, each one is awesome, so I can't wait to get to it. Maybe in the new year though. Things are so hectic right now!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh ouch! Your cold sounds horrible. I hope you're feeling better very soon!

    I've heard so many wonderful things about FANGIRL lately that I really need to check it out. I enjoyed ELEANOR & PARK, so I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that people are raving about this one too.

    I agree that it's pretty awesome when writers help one another along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck to sore throats - hope you feel better soon!

    Attachments is on my list to read, I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're feeling better soon! Sore throats are no fun.

    I entered Pitch Wars and didn't get in either, but I was so inspired by everyone and by the feedback that I received from a few of the mentors that I pitched to. :)

    I read Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell this year and enjoyed it. I have Fangirl and am hoping to get to it in the next week or so. My sister is visiting for Christmas and she read it awhile ago and recommended it to me so I'd like to read it before she's here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep hearing about how amazing Rainbow Rowell's books are! I'll have to read some SOON.

    I love your attitude about Pitch Wars. :)

    Hope your throat feels better!

    ReplyDelete