1. The weather has been wonderful for most of the week. I got some yard work done and played outside with the kids. I love this time of year. Fall and Spring are definitely my favorite seasons. Oh, and I got to go on a couple of solo bike rides; when I need to decompress my husband tells me to go on one to get it all out, weather permitting, of course.
2. I had family in town over the weekend and am sort of in recovery mode, which is why I haven't been around this week. And I'm in the thick of revisions, so there's that.
3. I finished the Clockwork Princess this week, the last in The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. I really enjoyed the ending and was glad some of the questions I had were answered. And I totally saw one of the plot points coming! I told my sister my predictions and she didn't think it was going to go down like that, but alas, I was correct. Now I will bask in all the 'I told you so'. Kidding. Sort of.
4. As I read TCP and started Something Strange and Deadly, I was struck by how much research goes into writing a steampunk series. You guys, I am way too lazy to ever even attempt writing in that genre. I'm fascinated by various time periods, but I feel like you need to completely immerse yourself into the one you're writing about in order get it right, and it seems SO time consuming. I admire any of you who are working on anything involving another historical time period.
5. I am stupidly excited about getting some yard work done this weekend. I really want to get things in tip top shape, especially because this will be the first year I'm going to try and keep a garden! Wish me luck.
Have a great weekend! I hope it feels like April and not January where you are.