1. So I signed up for a writer's conference...and a ten minute agent pitch session. Kind of freaking out since I have NO IDEA how to pitch to an agent! Ahhh! Good thing I have a few months to figure it out.
2. My ten month old has been walking for a few weeks now (I know, my girls are unusually fast walkers) and I swear to you she looks like a penguin when she gets going. It's so cute and so sad because it's the last time I'll experience this stage.
3. I got go watch Warm Bodies earlier this week with the hubs. It was cute, but predictable. Which may be because I've read the book. But it was fun and so nice to get out for a bit. I'm seriously dying to see Beautiful Creatures but I don't think I can convince my hubs to go with me...I'll have to figure something out.
4. My family had the opportunity to take a mini-vacay and visit some family earlier this week. i decided to take a hard copy of my manuscript along with me, I wanted go over it one more time and see if there was anything I missed. Well, the husband has been wanting to read it again since I made so many changes and he asked me to read out loud to him. It was great. I felt silly at first, but reading your work out loud really helps to find those small glitches in your work, wording that's not working, repetitiveness, unrealistic dialogue. It was nice. Hubby even pointed some of these things out to me, I guess he's a better listener than I give him credit for.
5. I hope all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, or an awesome 14th of February if you didn't celebrate. We're going to wait until tomorrow for our official V-Day celebration in order to avoid all the crowds.
Have an awesome weekend! And don't forget to buy discounted Valentine's Day chocolate!